Bloody Baseball Bat Found in Prestorius' Home

Pistorius: - We were deeply in love
Oscar Pistorius was crying loudly and uncontrollably when defender read out a statement by the accused for murder star athlete, in which he told his version of what happened that fateful night.
Shortly before the defender Barry Roux presented the Declaration Pistorius (26), the judge made it clear that he currently maintains the charge of premeditated murder.

Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Reenkamp (29) in his home on Thursday of last week, on Valentine's Day 14 February. Prosecutors believe he had planned the murder.
Can not understand that I am charged with murder
- Nothing is further from the truth than I planned murder of girlfriend. I can not understand that I am charged with premeditated murder, I never meant to kill her, saying Pistorius' words.

He continued by saying that he and his girlfriend had decided to spend the evening together at home on 13th February.

- At 22, we were in the bedroom. She practiced yoga, and I watched TV with my dentures off.

Pistorius crying loudly while defender read the statement, which he declared his love for the now murdered girlfriend.

- Reeva had purchased a gift for me for Valentine's Day. We were deeply in love.

When this was read, Pistorius broke down and cried so uncontrollably that the judge decided to take a break.

Pistorius was comforted by his brother, who sat behind him in the courtroom.

- I thought Reeva lying in bed
After a minute's pause, as Pistorius had gathered, Roux continued to read Pistorius' words about what happened the night he killed his girlfriend.

- It was dark. I thought Reeva lay in bed and cried to her that she had to call the police.

The  star athlete says he heard noises coming from the bathroom.

-  felt that both Reeves and I were vulnerable.

- I was scared and did not hit the light. I have received death threats before and sleep with my 9 mm beneath the bed, so I took the gun and got the bathroom. I shouted at the intruder that he had to get out of the house.

Pistorius says he then shot through the bathroom door, while he continued to shout to her boyfriend that she had to call the police.

- But Reeva was not in bed. That was when it dawned on me that she could be in the bathroom. Bathroom door was closed, he said.
She died in my arms
It has previously been informed that the police found a bloody baseball bat when they arrived home. Today Pistorius told that he used a baseball bat to beat  the bathroom door.

- I hit the door. Reeva had slumped over the toilet. She was still alive. I called an ambulance to take her to the hospital, and I tried to carry her down the stairs to get help.

Pistorius says he wore dentures and went out on the balcony to call for help.

- I tried to save Reeva. But she died in my arms. I can not bear all the pain I've caused, he says.

While Pistorius was in court in Pretoria this morning, Reeva Steenkamp was buried in Port Elizabeth in South Africa.

Comments

Popular Posts