30 Trampled to Death in Indian Religious Festival Chaos.wmv

Over 30 dead in festival chaos in India


The station was full of people who would celebrate the Hindu religious festival Kumbh Mela.

News agency AFP reported that the first ten people were trampled to death in the chaos at the station Sunday. Later confirmed health professionals on site that the death toll was at least 36 after 14 people had died during treatment.

- People sat and rested on a fence, but the fence was not strong enough and broke together, said Ashok Sharma, a spokesperson for the government of the state of Uttar Pradesh.

The accident cast a shadow over an otherwise very successful festival.

Kumbh Mela is celebrated by the northern Indian city of Allahabad, considered the world's largest religious festival. 

Allahabad has daily around 1.2 million inhabitants, but during the Kumbh Mela increase this number to almost 40 million.

Comments

  1. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after looking at some of the articles I realized it's new to
    me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking it and
    checking back regularly!
    Feel free to visit my web-site low cost startup business

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts