Storm Stops Travelers Dead in their Tracks

Travel in and out the New York and New Jersey area has ground to a halt ahead of a storm that could dump up to three feet of snow on the east coast. SOUNDBITE: Tammy Morland, Traveler Going To Toronto, Saying: "Flights are canceled. I was in the other airport, JFK, they re-booked me and sent me over here. I got here and now they said this one's canceled. So now they have me booked for a flight tomorrow night if flights are going. And so now I don't know where I'm going, a hotel maybe." More than 3,000 flights flights were canceled on Friday and hundreds are expected to be canceled over the weekend ahead of what could be a historic storm. SOUNDBITE: Anja Stats Tourist From Germany saying: "For some reason, they canceled my flight last night. It was supposed to leave at 7:00 pm tonight and they told me to be here at 6:00 am and just be on standby. So I've been here since six in the morning trying to get on a plane, but it is impossible." Sheldon Hamilton's flight to Toronto was canceled. SOUNDBITE: Sheldon Hamilton, Traveler whose flight to Toronto was canceled, saying: "I'd much rather be home for the weekend but there's no point in letting my blood pressure rise over something like this. Just got to roll with it. New York is not the worse place in the world to be stuck for a day." Blizzard warn i ngs are in effect from New Jersey through southern Maine, with Boston expected to bear the brunt of the storm.
Thousands of flights 

Comments

Popular Posts